- Episode 32: A People’s History of the Internet: Joybubbles
This week we explore the life of one of the most remarkable phone phreaks of all time, Joybubbles.
Thank you to our friend Eva for her wonderful reading of Joybubble’s obituary, and to Rachel Morrison for her insights.
Rachel’s Film: https://www.joyb…
- BONUS: A People’s History of the Internet: Evan Doorbell
As a bonus episode, we’re very pleased to share with you Evan Doorbell’s excellent radio series about his experiences with Phone Phreaking. If you enjoy this episode, check out Evan’s series to learn even more. Thank you so much, Evan, for allowing us …
- Episode 30: A People’s History of the Internet Introduction
We introduce the thesis of a People’s History of the Internet.
If you want to read more about the Colonial Pipeline hack: https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/colonial-pipeline-hack-russians-fbis-ransom-grab-what-really-happened
Our website: http://vague…
- Episode 31: A People’s History of the Internet: Phil Lapsley and Exploding the Phone
We talk to the reporter and author Phil Lapsley about his remarkable book Exploding the Phone, all about the practice of phone phreaking and its remarkable impact on the development of hacker culture.
Phil’s Site: Explodingthephone.com
Phil’s Talk: T…
- Teaser: A People’s History of the Internet
We’re back! A People’s History of the Internet, debuting soon.